Monday, May 23, 2011

Mills Preview Day and Shopping!

Oh goodness, so much to update!

Well, I actually updated the other day, but when I pressed the publish button, EVERYTHING WAS GONE.  I was so pizzled, you don't even know.  I was so angry that I pretty much didn't even check my blogger until today.  I figured that I'd give you a quick update on what's been going on since I last posted.

OKAY! So, last friday I went to Mills with my mom for a "Admitted Students Preview Day" for transfer students.  It was pretty awesome, not gonna lie!  It wasn't an orientation (That's in august, and it's a FOUR DAY ORIENTATION. Seriously?), it was just an informational day so for transfer students so we can be ahead of the game, start signing up for classes, etc.  I met a lot of other transfer students, which was nice.  As per usual, I was a shy caterpillar at the beginning of the day, but by the end I was a social butterfly.  While I was with the transfer students talking about transfer credits and how to log into my Mill e-mail, my mom was participating in the guest tour. When she came back for lunch, she told me it was pretty cool.  She went to one of the music buildings, which supposedly has AMAZING acoustics and a trippy mural of some sort, and she went to the library and met the outrageously enthusiastic librarians (no joke; I also met one of the librarians, and he was crazy in love with databases and books.  He also had a bowtie and jumped up and down with his hands over his mouth when he got excited about something, which was like every thirty seconds.  I think I love him.).  Fun fact, Mills apparently has a page of a Gutenberg Bible and a Mozart manuscript, which makes my new school pretty awesome. Also, before lunch we had a "Mills Meeting" which is basically a group of your peers in a small room talking about all the cool resources Mills has to offer.  I also learned the Mills cheer, which they call SPAM.  It stands for "Strong women, Proud women, All women, Mills women", and is accompanied by hand gestures.  Apparently the students do this cheer all the time.  It's goofy, but I have a feeling I will be doing it A LOT.

After lunch we went to a financial aid meeting (and my mother and I embarrassed ourselves).  It was almost boring, except for the fact that there was this one woman who sat in front of us, off to the side, and she was just.... not from this planet.  She had some serious atttention span issues, and she kept moving things around on the table, shuffling papers and stuff, all while the speaker was talking, and then she checks her blood glucose levels randomly in the middle of the meeting.  And then she burped, which was the point of no return for us-- we just LOST IT.  My mom and I were laughing so hard it was painful, I mean there were serious tears streaming down our faces.  My mom had to turn away from the speaker because she couldn't control herself.  I held my head down in shame as I tried desparately to control the siezing laughter, oh it was terrible.  My whole body was moving!  That's how hard I was laughing.  We pretty much laughed for like 5 minutes.  It was terrible, SHAMEFUL, and awesome.

Those are pretty much the highlights of the day at Mills.  Obviously we did a bunch of other stuff, I think I remembered all the cool stuff.  After we left mills, we drove up to Concord so we could go to the mall and get some clothese for me. My mom paid for it all, which was really generous of her, and thank the Goddess because I have no money at all and my clothes are becoming raggity.  Some days I look tore up from the floor up, I'm not gonna lie.  Anyway, she bought me two new pairs of jeans, two new shirts, a a bunch of underwear (YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!)  and two new bras.  Let me tell you, the girls needed some extra support, and the bras I got are awesome!  Seriously, it's like suddenly my boobs have a place to call their own; they are supported, and yet they aren't completely covered up so I still feel sexy.  They give me a bit of cleavage, which is nice (although, if I were to go to a club or something I would get a push up bra for some extra umph).  I've missed the cleavage.  When I was in high school, I was always wearing shirts that showed off my pretty amazing boobage (I LOVE my boobs), but once I graduated and my bras broke down, I never really recovered.... I started wearing those full support bras that give you zero cleavage, you might as well just wear a tee-shirt.  They were sad and lonely, and needed to be admired!  Well, with these new bras I'm back on track to boobie town!  Another great thing about these new bras is that they are thick enough that my nipples don't poke through when I'm cold, which I LOVE because get cold easily, and I don't to look like I'm smuggling raisins all the time.

Anyway, after that we went to dinner (sushi) and Kourtney called and asked if we wanted to see her show, and even though we were pretty exhausted (we'd been up since 6am and it was 7pm when she called), we drove to Walnut Creek to see the show.  It was a lot of fun, although I probably would've enjoyed it a bit more if I hadn't been so tired.  But I love being able to support her and see her shows, because I know it's important to her. Plus, I get to se them for free, which makes them even more awesome.

SO! That was my Friday!  And now, fast forward to today, just before I began typing this:  It's finals week.  This is the time when men and women are tested, truly tested, and not just on an intellectual level, but on a physical, mental and emotional level.  This is how the girls are separated from the women, and the boys become... bigger boys. =) I am cramming like nobody's business, people!  I just finished an exam, and then I have to go to work, and then go back to school to take another exam!  Then I have a bio exam tomorrow, and a math exam on wednesday.  This shit is for real.  And it's even more important than ever, because passing these exams are what is between me and graduation, not to mention the fact that if I don't pass these classes I won't have junior standing at mills, which means more semesters paying 36,000 dollars a year in tuition.  I mean, I already love Mills, but I the whole point of getting my GE classes done at COM was so that I wouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars a year on classes I could take pretty much for free (I get really good financial aid at COM). I'm planning on four semesters there, five tops.  Unless I go there for grad school.... but that's kind of far in the future, so I'm gonna leave that one on the back burner.  Long story short-- I have to pass these classes!  And I think I can, but I've gotta go study.

Which means I probably shouldn't be updating my blog.  Well, it's too late now!

No comments:

Post a Comment