Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stressed to the MAX



Well, the last few weeks have been quite a curious WTF moments.

First of all (without going into too much detail) I was prescribed a medication by my doctor and my body basically rejected it, leaving me sick as all hell for like 3 days-- and I mean lethargic, having a hard time breathing, painful joints and constant nausea. I called my doctor to see what's up, and she told me to stop taking the medication immediately (could have figured that one out on my own).  However, my symptoms persisted over the weekend while the medication cycled out of my system, and then the original issues (the ones I was taking the meds for in the first place) came back with a vengence.

Suffice it to say I've been in a lot of pain for many, many days.  And this has made me quite the grumpykins, as I'm sure you can imagine.  As a result of all this medical mayhem, I've been super distracted and scatter-brained, which is causing me to get behind in my school work, which stresses me out to no end. I'm kinda freaking out here.  I mean, midterms are NEXT WEEK and I still have tons of reading to accomplish in a very short period of time, not to mention I've got all this paperwork due for financial aid, declaring my major, switching to a new adviser, blah blah blah; PLUS I have massive research to complete for my thesis which is kicking my ass... so school is beginning to feel a little like a train wreck.  And to top it all off, my job is a state of chaos.  I'd rather not go into too much detail on here, but there have been a lot of changes going on in my company, lots of people being promoted and moving around and quitting and moving some more, so things are constantly changing every time I go into work, and it's maddening.  I love my job, and my bosses (now) are great people, but sometimes it just feels like too much is being taken on at a time.  All of us store managers are pretty frazzled right now.

So, all I can say to all of this is WTF, life?  Why are you trying to suck so hard?

You know, that looks really weird when I type that out than when I say it.  Where does that phrase even come from?  Why do things suck, why does the sucking have to be hard? Kind of a perverted phrase, now that I think about it.

In other news, March is making its way in and that means a few things, 1) Spring Break, 2) Vernal Equinox and 3) Kourtney's 21st birthday!  Why are these three things so important?  Well, spring break means I don't have school, which in and of itself is a much needed blessing.  However, it has the added bonus of giving me more time to work, which means I get a boost in my hours and a fatter paycheck (which connects to number three).  The Vernal Equinox is important because it's a Sabbat, which is an opportunity to continue with my new year's resolutions (and maybe redeem myself in regards to the last Sabbat).  And number three?  Well, it's Kourtney's 21st Birthday!!!!!  And I'm hoping that with the boost in my paycheck I'll be able to buy her something nice or take her somewhere really special.  She deserves it.

2 comments: