Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Help Me Graduate By Spreading The Word!


Attention Blogosphere! 

I am currently looking for participants for interviews to be included in my senior thesis.  My research is focused on blended alternative families and how they are created, structured and maintained in the US today.  The requirements for selection are as follows: you must be a member of a non-biological kinship group, meaning that you must belong to a family that was created through non-biological means and deviates from the nuclear family model; OR a kinship group in which the primary caregiver is not filled by a mother or father role. 

Examples of those who would meet this selection would be: adult children in LGBT families, adult children raised by non-biological caregivers, or adult children raised by biological grandmothers, grandfathers, cousins, aunts or uncles. Participants can also include those whose biological mother/father was also the caregiver of her nieces, nephews, younger cousins or non-biological kin. All participants must also be 18 or older. If you fit this description, please contact me!  If you don’t, but know someone who does, feel free to give them my contact information! If you are uncertain about your ability to participate, feel free to contact me with any questions you have.  Let’s start a conversation! My information is as follows:

nwalker@mills.edu
(415)-246-3724 (feel free to leave a message if I don't answer; I often have my phone on silent when I go to the gym or the library)

No comments:

Post a Comment