Friday, March 15, 2013

So Tired...

March makes me tired....


Hey all! It's been almost a month since I've posted (say it ain't so!), and I've been so busy lately with school that I don't really have much of an update.  Here's what's been going on in my world for the last month, as fast as I can before I go back to being a student/slave of academia:




  • I've started singing again. In front of people. In a choir!  I'm excited to be a part of the Mills Choir this semester, and it has been such a blessing. Talk about feeding the soul! Singing has always been a spiritual experience for me, so being able to share that with others is just fabulous. I'm loving it, drinking it all in enthusiastically. Choral music! Ah!
  • I've been writing a bit of poetry and posting it online at hellopoetry.com. It's been nice being able to show my work-- I know that it may not be very good, but it's a cathartic process, and I've got some good feedback overall. Some of the stuff I've posted was old (I'm talking about my angsty teen years), but there's also some new stuff on there. Look me up if you're interested!
  • Kourtney and I have been planning a trip to Disneyland. We leave next Tuesday!  We're going down to Anaheim to surprise my little brother Imani, who is performing with the Lyman Gilmore Middle School marching band on the 21st.  I'm so excited to see him perform, and to hang out with him in Disneyland! Also, the 21st is Kourtney's birthday, so she gets to spend it in the happiest place on earth. Also, not a bad way to celebrate Ostara, if I do say so myself.
  • School's been kicking my ass. I've been doing my best to keep up, but it's been tough with the 5 course workload. 64 days 'til commencement....

No comments:

Post a Comment