Friday, January 3, 2014

Hello 2014!

First selfie of the year!

Well, another year has come and gone.  I have to say, 2013 was a pretty great year. I graduated from College, I got engaged, and I started planning a wedding. I got to be there when my close friend married her dream man in September, I got to spend time with my family in Oregon at our Family Reunion, and I have been blessed to be able to explore my spirituality, which has led me to Judaism. I don't know what 2014 will have in store, but I'm excited about the possibilities. This year, I'll be getting married! I'll be learning more about Judaism, taking classes and going to Shabbat services, experiencing my first Pesach, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur... It's exciting and so scary (I have a bit of social anxiety, so it is a challenge for me to go out in the world and interact with people I don't know, doing things I'm not exactly familiar with), and I think I am ready to go for it. At my own pace, on my terms.

Bring on 2014! I'm ready to take it all on!

Here's some highlights from our New Year's celebration:



Animal Style fries.... GET IN MY BELLY!

A break from playing Palace.


New Year's Eve Gumbo. SO DELICIOUS!


My sister is adorable and creepy.

This is actually the first pic I took after the ball dropped!

Our 2013 "debrief"-- our family always needs to talk about our feelings.

And we love it.



Seriously, we love our feelings.


New Year's Day breakfast. 

If you don't eat rice and eggs for breakfast, you don't know what you're missing.

My sister likes to pretend she's 6 and not 16.


This was quite possibly the worst Margarita ever, but I wanted to post it anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment